Tutorial: the top butterfly reversible - What to do with your falls
Today we offer you a new tutorial. A great top that just asks to be sewn in your falls! It can be worn by different facts, perfect for not overcoming our suitcases too much while being able to create many looks !!
Step 1: The front
1. Build the rectangle (left diagram)
2. Report the measurements on the rectangle, then trace the curves that will form the front of the top. You can always extend it down the bottom curve.
Step 2: The back
Step 3 : Boss finishes
The red notches represent the location of the suspenders, on the back it is 13cm on the side.
Straps : make a 38 x 5 cm rectangle to cut twice
The ribbon which will be used to tighten the environment in front : make a rectangle of 105 x 7cm
You can always adapt the measurements according to your tastes, your desires.
Cut your parts
The classic top:
If you decide to do the classic version, there are no great difficulties:
1. Assemble the back with the lead
2. Make the suspenders and the cord (more detailed explanations in the version of the reversible top).
3. Make the hems all around the top (hem from the top and the bottom hem).
4. Add the suspenders
5. Assemble the two in front, 2cm from the edge.
6. Return this open seam well and then sewing 1cm from the middle in front on each side.
7. Pass the cord in the two tubes that have just been created.
And here is a great top!
The reversible top:
STEP 1 :
Sew the backs with the lead
Then sew medium in front
2ND STEP :
Fold then sew the suspenders and the cord
Position the suspenders to take them in the top seam bringing the two reversible parts of the top
Sew the two pieces on the top of the top of the top but leave 1cm to the left and right in the middle in front (as is shown on the diagram: red line).
Help the bottom: using the iron, fold on the inside the edges of the top of the top to 1cm
Then overcome the hem, leaving 1cm to the left and right in the middle in front (as the dotted lines shows on the diagram).
Surprise the medium in front of all the height. Then overcome all the height at 1cm to the left in the middle front. Repeat the operation at 1cm to the right of the middle in front (as shown in the red dotels on the diagram).
Fixing the environments in front of both sides of the top so that the seams fall in the right place on both sides, you can build for more precision!
All you have to do is pass the cord in the top using a stair pin!
This is a great top for a great summer!